We handle a wide range of Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), including medical malpractice at Army hospitals. We have represented service members and their families in a wide range of cases at Army hospitals across the country. We handle many types of Army medical malpractice, including brain and spinal injury cases, wrongful death, and birth injuries.
How do I sue the Army?
When filing suit against the United States for injuries from Army medical malpractice at a military hospital, individuals must follow the strict rules of the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- A Form 95 must be filed with the correct federal agency.
- The Form 95 must state the nature of your claim and what’s called a “sum certain.”
- The Form 95 must be filed within 2 years of accrual of the negligence.
- Once the Form 95 has been filed with the appropriate federal agency, then you must work with the agency to resolve your claim. There are a lot of pitfalls if you do not know what you are doing. If you cannot successfully resolve the claim administratively, you have the option of filing suit so long as you file within the appropriate limitations period. Our attorneys have decades of trial experience and are able to assist you in this process. Please contact us if you need a free evaluation of your claim. Once you have filed your form 95, you must wait at least 6 months (maybe more depending on the course of your administrative claim) before you can file a federal lawsuit.
If you believe you are a victim of Army medical malpractice, call us now—if you wait too long, it may be too late.
Army Hospital Facilities
We have received settlements or verdicts for our clients for negligence at Army hospitals across the country, including:
- Blanchfield Army Community Hospital (BACH), Fort Campbell, Kentucky (located on the state border between Kentucky and Tennessee).
- Brook Army Medical Center, BAMC, (also known now as the San Antonio Military Medical Center, SAMMC), in San Antonio, Texas
- Darnell Army Community Hospital, Fort Hood, Texas (near the Killeen area)
- El Paso Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, Texas
- Evans Army Community Hospital, Fort Carlson, Colorado
- Fort George Meade Kimbrough Army Hospital, Ft. George Meade, Maryland
- Fort McPherson Army Medical Center, Army Health Clinic, Atlanta, Georgia
- General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- Ireland Army Community Hospital, Fort Knox, Kentucky
- San Antonio Military Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, in Bethesda, MD serving the greater Washington, DC area
- Winn Army Community Hospital, Fort Stewart, Georgia
If your facility is not on here, don’t worry! This is a sample list—we have experience fighting for victims of medical malpractice against the United States government across the United States. Reach out to us for a free consultation to see if you have a case.
You can look at our national reach page to see our success in states across the United States. You can also see our full results on our case results page. Here are some of the cases that we have won against the Army: