We handle a wide range of Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), including representing medical malpractice victims at naval hospitals or medical centers. We have represented service members and their families in a wide range of cases at Navy hospitals across the country. We handle many types of Navy medical malpractice at naval hospitals, including brain and spinal injury cases, wrongful death, and birth injuries.
How do I sue the Navy?
When filing suit against the United States for injuries from Navy medical malpractice at a military hospital, individuals must follow the strict rules of the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- A Form 95 must be filed with the correct federal agency.
- The Form 95 must state the nature of your claim and what’s called a “sum certain.”
- The Form 95 must be filed within 2 years of accrual of the negligence.
Once the Form 95 has been filed with the appropriate federal agency, then you must work with the agency to resolve your claim. There are a lot of pitfalls if you do not know what you are doing. If you cannot successfully resolve the claim administratively, you have the option of filing suit so long as you file within the appropriate limitations period. Our attorneys have decades of trial experience and are able to assist you in this process. Please contact us if you need a free evaluation of your claim. Once you have filed your form 95, you must wait at least 6 months (maybe more depending on the course of your administrative claim) before you can file a federal lawsuit.
If you believe you are a victim of Navy hospital medical malpractice, call us now—if you wait too long, it may be too late.
Naval Medical Centers
Some of the Navy hospitals that we have been able to get settlements or verdicts for our clients include:
- Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital, Camp Pendleton, California
- Lemoore Naval Hospital, Lemoore, CA
- Memphis, Tennessee Navy Clinics
- Pensacola Naval Hospital, Pensacola, Florida (in resource sharing agreement with Fort Walton Beach Hospital)
- Portsmouth Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, Virginia
- San Diego Naval Medical Center, Bob Wilson Naval Hospital (“Balboa Hospital”), San Diego, California
Don’t see your Naval Hospital here? Don’t worry. We have experience fighting for servicemen and women and their families against the Navy all across the country.
You can look at our national reach page to see our success in states across the United States. You can also see our full results on our case results page. Here are some of the cases that we have won against the Navy: