The experienced spinal cord injury lawyers at Whitehurst, Harkness, Brees, Cheng, Alsaffar, Higginbotham, and Jacob, PLLC, are available to investigate cases on behalf of people who have suffered serious injuries to the spine. We recognize that spinal cord injuries are among the most traumatic personal injuries, as they can dramatically change a person’s life forever.
Our spinal cord injury lawyers have the experience, the skill, and the resources to provide aggressive representation for individuals and families devastated by spinal cord injuries. We have extensive experience in a broad range of catastrophic injuries caused by auto accidents, aviation accidents, traumatic falls and more.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious spinal cord injury, contact our law offices for a thorough evaluation of your case. We will provide you with an honest assessment, and will fight tirelessly on your behalf at every stage of the process.
Spinal Cord Injury Causes
Spinal cord injuries can occur as a result of many things:
- trauma, such as a car accident or fall that results in a spinal cord injury
- surgical errors or surgical mishaps that result in a spinal cord injury
- failure to diagnose cauda equina syndrome
- failure to diagnose nerve compression or spinal cord compression
- positioning injuries during surgery
Protecting the Injured and Their Families
We believe that when a person’s negligence or recklessness results in another’s injury or wrongful death, he or she should be held accountable. In addition to severe physical pain, people who sustain spinal cord injuries may also suffer life-changing damages such as:
- Permanent disability
- Paralysis of the arms, legs, or lower body
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Uncontrolled muscle spasms
In addition to physical challenges, spinal cord injury victims may also face significant financial loss and emotional suffering. Financial loss may be associated with:
- Expensive medical care
- Long-term treatment costs
- 24-hour care in cases of paralysis and other disabilities
- Costly equipment to help with physical challenges, such as wheelchairs and/or prosthetics
- Loss of income due to an inability to pursue a normal course of employment
- Loss of economic support for family members
Emotional loss can be just as traumatic as the physical and financial loss, as the victim and his/her family will need to adjust to new challenges. Patients may experience different emotions as they try to adjust and come to terms with their injury. Emotions may include:
- Depression, which may be characterized by extreme sadness, change in sleep patterns, change in appetite, lost hope, or feelings of worthlessness
- Grief for lost abilities to walk or use hands or legs (depending on the injury)
- Extreme anger or rage, which may cause a person to lash out
A spinal cord injury is one of the most traumatic injuries a person can experience. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury to the spine, contact a spinal cord injury attorney from our law firm today.
You can look at our national reach page to see our success in states across the United States. You can also see our full results on our case results page. Here are some of the spinal cord injury cases that we have won on behalf of clients: