Mr. Alsaffar was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and is a nationally experienced trial attorney. Mr. Alsaffar has spent his entire career as a trial lawyer representing individuals and families. He has successfully represented clients in state, federal, and appellate courts across the country in complex medical malpractice and personal injury cases. In addition to a Texas statewide practice, Mr. Alsaffar has a national Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) practice representing veterans and military families around the country including Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington D.C., New York, New Hampshire, Illinois, Missouri, Nevada, Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington.
In 2013, Mr. Alsaffar was selected as one of the 20 “Leading Lawyers” under the age of forty in the state of Texas by Texas Lawyer magazine. He has been listed as a Texas Rising Star by Thomson Reuters every year from 2006-2014, and was voted by his peers as a “Super Lawyer” from 2014-2019. Mr. Alsaffar has also served as the National Chair of the Federal Torts and Military Advocacy Section for the American Association of Justice, the nation’s premier trial lawyer organization. Mr. Alsaffar served as an adjunct professor of trial advocacy at the University of Texas School of Law, and also served as a volunteer coach for the University of Texas undergraduate trial advocacy team for over ten years. Mr. Alsaffar is a proud father of three children and is a volunteer select soccer coach for the Lake Travis Youth Association and serves on the board of LTYA.
Mr. Alsaffar is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the American Association for Justice, Texas Trial Lawyers’ Association, Federal Bar Association, and the Austin Bar Association. He is the Co-Chair of the Birth Trauma/Medical Negligence Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice, and has twice served as the Chair of the Federal Tort Liability and Military Advocacy section of the American Association for Justice. He is on the Federal Torts Executive Committee for the American Association for Justice. Mr. Alsaffar is also a fellow of the Texas State Bar Foundation.
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Federal Tort Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Trials and Appeals
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1996
- Baylor University Law School, J.D., 2000
- Farley v. United States, $21,568,710.62 Trial Judgment against Manchester, New Hampshire Veteran Affairs Hospital, Concord, New Hampshire, for failure to properly treat a stroke resulting in permanent paralysis. $15,884,511.98 received by clients after fees and expenses.
- Brown v. United States, $13,690,648 Trial Judgment against United States Navy, Naval Branch Health Clinic, Millington, TN, for failure to prescribe prenatal vitamins containing folic acid, resulting in a baby developing spina bifida and lifelong disabilities. $9,183,752 received by clients after fees and expenses.
- Timmons v. United States, $6,500,000 Settlement against United States Air Force, Fort Walton Beach, Florida, for negligent labor and delivery care resulting in a permanent brain injury to a child. $4,607,211.28 received by clients after fees and expenses.
- Humble v. United States, $5,800,000 Settlement against United States Army for negligent care during labor and delivery and a delay in performing a C-section at Darnall Army Community Hospital, resulting in a permanent brain injury to a child. $4,106,711.68 received by clients after fees and expenses.
- Lee v. United States, $5,117,473.50 Trial Judgment against United States Air Force, Randolph Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas, for failure to treat a child’s infection resulting in a double kidney transplant. $3,475,648.35 received by clients after fees and expenses.
- Holweger v. United States, $2,300,000 Settlement against United States Navy for negligent care during labor and delivery and failing to timely perform a C-section at Portsmouth Naval Medical Center in Virginia. $1,623,930 received by clients after fees and expenses.
- Cloer v. United States, $2,150,000 Settlement against United States Army, Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, Tennessee, for failing to diagnose and treat colon cancer resulting in death. $1,492,813 received by clients after fees and expenses.
- Hogans v. United States, $1,650,000 Trial Judgment against United States Army, Joint Base Lewis-McCord in Washington and Winn Army Community Hospital in Georgia, for failing to diagnose a tumor leading to stroke and brain injury. $1,067,624 received by clients after fees and expenses.